Monday, April 27, 2009

December Toronto Anime Con 2008

Picture under the escalator If I had known that you only need to pay money to get into the dealer's room, I would have saved that ten or fifteen dollars and stayed in the lobby to take pictures of people. As for the books I bought for my sister and myself: the world's biggest book store had them and they were on sale.

Madeline and I kept wondering around the convention area taking pictures of random cosplayers and people. I'd say the fun level was 3 on a scale of 5. I kept harassing random people to do things for me to capture. The first request was dancing, and that's when I felt like making a music video of the convention.

Video for DTAC 2008.



Description of the place, time, and what's happening is on its YouTube page.


Here's a little bit of the description:

Utahikarasu and I wanted to do an experiment where people stand in a line facing in one direction. Each person would stay on a spot with their hands on the shoulders of the person in front of them. They would then push the shoulders of the person in front of them, but there was a misunderstanding. The line ended up as a chu-chu-train.

The convention was great. The line to get into the dealer's room didn't take over 2 hours and the dealer's room was very crowded. Being in a crowd is fun and frustrating. (YouTube)

There were some pretty random people, but that's common in conventions. I think. By random I mean they would suddenly appear from somewhere unnoticed, they ask for hugs when it's not relevent to the topic you ask them, and people dance. They just start dancing. Okay, maybe these things wouldn't seem random if I hang out with them all day, but I don't do that.



Conclusion: DTAC is a cool story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...