Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fear

Many people have something they fear. My parents have a fear of their children's well-being. My sister has a fear of stepping on worms. I do too, but what I'm having trouble comprehending is that I have a greater fear of examinations than being ambushed by a stranger at night.

It could be because of the chances of having examinations is higher than being ambushed, or maybe it's because I've never been seriously attacked by a person before. When ever I find out I have to attend an academic examination I become nervous and paranoid about failing. During examinations, my hands tremble as if the outcome of what I'm about to do will decide if I live or die. At least, that's how I feel. ... Hm. I wonder if this is because of over exposure to academic pressure.

3 comments:

  1. Personally, I think exams/university life is overrated. The expectations and standards of academic excellency of "getting in" to a certain program or whatnot is just soo much - too much to handle. I hate exams because University makes this 'examination period' the "make it, or break it" determinant of your future. I hate it, especially having a super asian dad that pervades the pressure in the family. "Become a doctor, become a lawyer, become an engineer etc." blah blah blah. I fear exams, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for liking my rants?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...