Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mother's Mother

My parents, sister, and I visited my grandmother. When I walked into her apartment room where she lives alone, I saw my uncle next to my grandmother who was crying. I remembered my cousin telling me a month before that my grandmother has been crying everytime no one was there. The only other time I've ever seen her cry was at my grandfather's funeral.

I sat next to my grandmother as she cried and tried asking her a few questions, like if she's eaten yet or if she wants to go anywhere. She shook her head. I stared at her for awhile and noticed that she wouldn't stop shaking her head and crying. Her hands were thinner than the last time I've seen her, and the back of her neck looked like it was going to fall off.

Before I left, I gave her a hug and said good bye. I don't know if I'll have another chance to see her again, because the apartment she lives in is far and I'm not allowed to have a key to get in. No one in my family wants to live with her because of how she treated them in the past. I feel bad about how she may end up spending the last days of her life crying, but then again, my mother may go through that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...