Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Anime North 2011: Part 4


Sunday.


As we were heading to side entrance of the Toronto Congress Center in the morning, we caught a Gundam photoshoot. There was still a lot of cloud cover in the sky like Friday, which frustrated me. I like sunlight as my lighting!

We were still tired from the masquerade the night before. It ended late, but early on its account. The masquerade was fun to watch, so we didn't care much that we were tired.


The young ladies were in the masquerade the night before



Team Rocket's balloon deflated.It was also at the masquerade.


We found an underwear lying outside TCC while walking to the Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt photoshoot. Ariana commented on how Panty may have forgot it the night before. We didn't see it again later in the day.


The Muses from Disney's Hercules?



Panty and Garterbelt! I didn't notice that the Panty cosplayer had her underwear exposed until after looking through the pictures I took at AN.



Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt photoshoot



Two Panty cosplayers.



Durarara!! photoshoot


We wanted to go to the My Little Pony panel, but it was full. We went to the panel next door instead: Mythology in Anime/Manga.




I didn't like how the Mythology panel room was warm and crowded, so I left. Livia and Oie Lin followed, leaving Ariana in the panel. (Sorry Ariana, but I couldn't take the warmth). We went to eat ice-cream and met up again later at TCC.

I was very impressed with the Transformers display in the entrance to the dealer's room, so I took a picture of it before my last walk around the place. I like where the free transformers goods are placed.

Livia and I were waiting for the dealer's room's 5-minutes at--yes, at--closing prices when someone put their hand on our shoulders and slowly moved it towards our rear end. We turned around and there was Pedobear! I think he was trying to grope our butts, but my backpack was covering my ass. (It felt more like someone was trying to open my bag.) A wild Barnie suddenly appeared and attacked Pedobear with a hug. Pedobear hugged Barnie and they both moved their hands slowly towards each other's asses. I didn't get a whole picture because they were right next to me and there were a few people gathered around taking a picture of the two.



Before leaving the convention, I took a two more pictures:


Avatar the Last Airbender cosplay!


Arakawa Under the Bridge cosplay!


The end.

I thought I would experience a different side to Anime North than the usual walk-around-and-take-pictures this year, and I did. I never went to panels as much as I did at this convention. I usually go to one per convention because I spend most of my time bothering cosplayers and taking their pictures. It was fun sitting through panels like Lolita Fashion, Hetalia, and Military Realism (which I know I forgot to mention in previous posts). The masquerade (which I covered very little) this year was the first I've ever attended: I usually leave conventions early on Saturdays. I didn't get to take many pictures, but that's okay. Being able to spend time with Ariana, Livia, Oie Lin, Jimmy, Priyanka, and Russian Michael was nice and peaceful.

Conclusion: if you plan to cosplay something that requires a mask and normal-looking clothing, keep the mask on or else you'll look like a normal passerby.

(Yes, I got lazy posting about Anime North this time. There are many holes to the posts.)

All pictures available in this album:
Anime North 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...