Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Name

Stupid.

That's what my family calls me and tell me I am. They call me stupid more than my birth name. The next time my parents introduce me to their friends, I should correct them and say "you can call me what he/she always does--stupid."

What does listening to music on YouTube while doing research have to do with being stupid? It's not like I haven't done it before. The music I listen to doesn't bother me as much as the loud explosions in the movies they watch downstairs. I can't even visit libraries on weekends peacefully because my parents think that's stupid. They think that having no partner is stupid. Saying funny things you would do but not go through with it is stupid. Not studying accounting is stupid. My choice of going a university because they wanted me to go a university is stupid. Drinking soda is stupid. They mostly say something is stupid when it refers to me.

I'm going to jump.

If you ever meet me, please remember my name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...