Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Scheduled 2012 Con Time

I feel like I'm missing out on many of Toronto's anime and comic-related events. There are so many of them!

It turns out there was a mini convention in Waterloo this last weekend. It's called Emiko's Mini Convention. Website: http://www.go2emc.ca. I didn't even know about it until today. The programming looks neat.


Here is a short list of major events I plan to go this year:

Toronto Comic Con and Toronto Anime Con will be held on March 10 - 11 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The entry fee for one day is $20. I will be going on the Sunday. Hopefully it's not as crowded as a Saturday would be. I may miss out on some great cosplays though.

The Toronto Comic Arts Festival (TCAF) will be held on May 5 - 6 at the Toronto Reference Library. Entry fee: free! Seeing how TCAF garnered some attention via the web and certain news outlets last year, it may be even more crowded there this year. I'll be running around the library during Sunday morning or whenever there's a sub-event I want to go to. Autograph sessions, FTW! I'm definitely looking forward to this event.

Anime North is on May 25 - 27 at the Toronto Congress Center. I'll be hanging out around the area on the days my friends plan to go. Will be wearing a disguise to this event.

Fan Expo Toronto will be held on August 23rd to the 26 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. I'm hoping to go on the Thursday, Friday, or Sunday. I still haven't decided. I know the ticket's going to cost more than a good filling lunch. I like the variety of genres this convention covers.

That's all I have for now. In other news, Happy lunar new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...