Monday, March 19, 2012

Are Oranges Orange Juice?

Every morning I feel tired, but instead of grabbing that morning cup of coffee, I grab a bottle of orange juice. A small bottle of orange juice (about 250 mL if I remember correctly) costs me $2.50 CDN per unit: a cost which eventually adds up by the end of the week. I'd buy them in bulk if I knew where to buy a box of that brand of orange juice I enjoy drinking. I eventually found out that the brand had 1.75 L jugs, so I started to buy one of those every week. It only costs about $5 per jug and it lasts the whole week when I use it to refill a 250 mL bottle every morning.

This last week, I had planned to buy a jug of orange juice over the weekend, but my father had a better idea. He was hoping to save the family some money, so he went out and got my mom to pay for 3 large boxes of oranges. I didn't know of the boxes of oranges until I saw boxes stacked up to my thighs when I walked into the kitchen right after arriving home Friday evening. My first impression was...


He told me that I would not need to buy orange juice because they (he and my mother) bought oranges for me to make juice. ಠ_ಠ Not sure if I should go out and buy juice to show how much I disapprove of his idea, or just make the damn juice out of the over 70 oranges we now have in the house.

Between studying for exams, finishing term papers, doing group assignments, presentations, and sleeping in the next 2 weeks, I have to find time to make orange juice. Well, if I found time to make this blog post, I suppose I have time to make juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...