Friday, March 15, 2013

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1

A few hours ago, I had the opportunity to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1 on the big screen. Being in a theater full of otaku was fun, except the part where some many people wouldn't stop talking during the movie. There was even one guy who I thought was recording the movie, but after I told him he shouldn't be recording it, he stated that he wasn't. I checked his phone screen--he wasn't recording but taking pictures instead. Really, man. Can you not take screenshots while watching the movie on your computer? I assure you, the quality of your pictures would be much better.

What was nice was not only all the feelings I had while watching the movie, but being able to meet with friends I haven't met in awhile and friends that I wasn't expecting to meet. I even have a message to one of you friends:

Dear bro from the Madoka movie,

I remember your face from YAMA, but I don't remember your name. You should have reminded me your name, because now all I have to call you by is "nurse-man." I'm not apologizing for calling you nurse-man, because the name sounds heroic to me and you being a male nurse is awesome and inspiring.

Respectfully,

Mun-Yeen


What was impressive about the Madoka theater showing is that Cineplex gave out free posters to the first few online ticket buyers AND the first 5 people in line for the movie. The man who received the first poster announced that he was in line for 2 hours before the movie. That's dedication there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...