Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Manga Farming

Manga FarmingI was surfing the net and stumbled upon manga farming. I was amazed!

Koshi Kawachi, an artist from Japan, used the pages of old magazines and manga to grow plants with. He has a gallery of photographs on his website with pictures of the plants sprouting from manga.

Watering MangaIt seems manga farmning requires the pages to stay moist as it's in the way of sunlight. I wonder if I should try it with the extra Shonen Jump magazine I have. I'm not sure if it's wise to grow edible vegetables with manga though. Would the ink from the pages cause the vegetable to taste funny? It may even be toxic! I guess if I want to try this manga farming I should try growing daisies.

Source: http://www.koshikawachi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...