Friday, March 13, 2009

Anemia

I haven't had a blood test since I was a baby, so it wasn't sure if I had a lab-tranceable disorder. When I got a blood test this month, it turns out I am anemic: iron deficiency from a large loss of blood during periods. I'm taking iron supplements now (ranges from $3 to $70 CDN--got it for $4 CDN), but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to watch my diet. I don't eat tomatoes or fruits, but the doctor said that what I eat isn't really the main cause of the deficiency and that the levels of all the other necessary nutrients are normal. Females having low iron in them is normal too.

If you're female, I suggest you get a blood test once a year. Close your eyes while the doctor's extracting blood if you don't like needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...