Friday, February 15, 2013

Magical Girls of the End


Warning: May contain spoilers.

After watching the anime episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I considered getting back into the magical girls genre. I looked for manga about magical girls and the first one I encountered was Mahou Shoujo of the End.

Mahou Shoujo of the End is about high school or middle school students (they seem more like high school students) fighting to survive in a dark magical girls with zombie-like minions apocalypse. It's like High School of the Dead but with a ridiculously large set of breasts; very powerful, creepy, and insensitive raging dark magical girls; and magical zombie turned people.

I like the concept because of its strangeness, but I don't know how the author will pull off keeping the story interesting and going when, clearly, the characters have no hope of survival or finding a sure way to defeat the dark magical girls unless they get really lucky. I mean like Milfeulle Sakuraba from Galaxy Angel or Justy Ueki Tylor from the Irresponsible Captain Tylor lucky. Maybe one of the main characters will suddenly have super powers or pick up an eternal invincibility star?

I am curious to see what kind of dark magical girls they encounter, but I don't think the manga will continue as I hope it would. As for finding another magical girls or boys series to get into... I think I will pass until I am in the mood to get into the genre again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...