Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shift in Weather Patterns?

I was watching a horror movie with my family yesterday when a thunder storm hit. There was lightning and hail. Small drops of ice were pelting at the window behind us.

It's the second week of June in Toronto, Canada and there have already been about 3 thunder storms in the last 2 weeks. I don't recall any thunder storms in June in the last 4 years. It's a bit strange to me, but I guess it's normal.

With all the human activities around the world releasing and changing chemical and physical properties in the overall environment, there's bound to be a shift in the atmosphere's patterns. By human activities I mean factories, running vehicles, chemical products, landfills, construction, restaurants, and, well, I guess almost everything. There are always leftovers in everything that people do: like leaving footprints behind after walking through mud.

I remember there was a moment of summer snow last year and the year before. Snow in the summer! Here in Toronto, we usually have snow in the winter. Will there be snow this year too? I'll have to wait and see. For now, I will enjoy the passing storms and a possible swirl of wind.





The tree in my front yard fell from the base of its trunk during a windy day. The town's tree caretakers (if that's what they're called) took the tree away hours after it fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...