Thursday, October 21, 2010

QR-Codes are Quick and Rule!

I've known about QR Codes ever since I bought my first anime figurine that came with a complimentary candy. I didn't know what they were called though, I simply recognized the code like I do with a bar code. Then one day, I saw a large advertisement in the subway!

The advertisement stated it's a 2D-code. I bing searched it and with the help of wikipedia, I eventually found out that the codes are actually called QR codes. The wikipedia page linked to a website that explains what QR codes are: QRcode.com. I bing searched QR code for a code generator and the first website that came up was http://qrcode.kaywa.com. I generated this text QR code:
qrcode

It's a message that only a QR code reader can decipher. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...